Keller/Murphy/Browne was: Andrea Keller piano, Tamara Murphy double bass & Allan Browne drums.
Performing original compositions by all three members, along with some standards by Monk, Duke, Green and free improvisations to Al’s poetry readings. Their focus was on achieving a collective consciousness on stage by pushing the boundaries of their musical dialogue.
The Keller Murphy Browne combination was a precious one. Emerging organically out of Al Browne's Monday night residency at Bennetts Lane, and a particular affinity between the three musicians that grew and simply grew, it had its own voice - as trios do.
Debuting in 2003 at the Melbourne Women's International Jazz Festival, the KMB trio held an intermittent residency at Bennetts Lane in the years that followed. They recorded their first CD "Carried by the Sun" for ABC Jazztrack (released on jazzhead records) in 2006, and were lauded for their “exquisite interplay” (Jessica Nicholas), and “music of diaphanous beauty” (John Shand).
With Allan's passing in June 2015 their second album ‘Travellers’, taken from two gigs in the Bennetts Lane small room in February 2015, has special significance.
- 2015 ‘Travellers’ Keller/Murphy/Browne (Jazzhead)
- 2006 ‘Carried By The Sun’ Keller/Murphy/Browne (Jazzhead)
- Monday night residency at Bennetts Lane Jazz Club, Melbourne, held intermittently since 2004
- Melbourne Jazz Co-operative 30th Anniversary Concert (2013)
- Melbourne Jazz Co-op
- Stonnington Jazz Festival (2006)
- Wangaratta Jazz Festival (2006)
- Melbourne Jazz Fringe Festival (2006)
- SIMA, Sydney (2006)
- Melbourne Women’s International Jazz Festival (2003-2014)