Solo Piano has become a prominent feature of Keller’s performance life in recent years. Her debut solo album ‘Footprints – the Wayne Shorter Project’ released by ABC Jazz, won the ARIA Award for Best Jazz Album 2008.
In May 2013 she released 'Family Portraits' a collection of solo repertoire using prepared piano and live looping techniques recorded at the Melbourne Recital Centre Salon. ‘Family Portraits’ is released through Jazzhead Records and was nominated for Best Jazz Album at the 2013 ARIA Awards.
‘Family Portraits’ is a series of solo piano pieces composed by Keller in dedication to her ancestors and loved ones. An aural family tree, created from a desire to preserve the little that is known for her future generations. The pieces capture the love, humour and sadness of a small and geographically disparate family.
- 2013 'Family Portraits' Andrea Keller solo (JazzHead)
- 2007 'Footprints - The Wayne Shorter Project' Andrea Keller solo (ABC Jazz)
Awards & Nominations
- 2013: Nominated for the ARIA Award for Best Jazz Album 'Family Portraits'.
- 2013: Nominated for the Age Music Victoria Genre Award for Best Jazz Album 'Family Portraits'.
- 2008: Winner of the ARIA Award for Best Jazz Album 'Footprints - The Wayne Shorter Project'.
- Monash University Academy of Performing Arts Piano Series (2016)
- Melbourne Women's International Jazz Festival (2016)
- Melbourne Jazz Co-operative (2015, 2014)
- Peace Lounge Series with David Jones, Federation Hall, Melbourne (2015)
- SIMA, Sydney (2014)
- Melbourne Jazz Co-operative 30th Anniversary concert (2013)
- Launch of 'Family Portraits' at the Melbourne Recital Centre Salon (2013)
- APRA Art Music Awards (2012)
- Live recording of 'Family Portraits' at the Melbourne Recital Centre Salon (2012)
- ANAM (2012)
- Wangaratta Jazz Festival (2008)